Mac OS Sonoma 14.2 input issue in windowed mode

schufty
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Known Issue

Starting today, nothing happens when I click any of the buttons on the main menu screen, including the "Resume Game, "New Game", "Latest Update", "Roadmap" and "New Blueprints" etc. The buttons highlight when I mouse over them, but clicks are completely ignored. I can't even click the Quit button.

I'm running macOS Sonoma 14.2 on an M1 Macbook Air with 16GB RAM. I did just run the latest macOS update this morning.

I've restarted the game, Steam and the operating system. I tried switching to the public_previous_update branch, but I couldn't click any buttons on that version's main screen either (I think the top button was labeled something like "Run with old version").

I also tried uninstalling ONI and reinstalling, that didn't work either.

Unfortunately when I reinstalled ONI, it nuked the player.log file, and that file apparently doesn't get created until a game is loaded.

I'm completely stuck. Help?

Edited by EricKlei
Pinned and renamed this bug report.

Steps to Reproduce

- Run the latest ONI from Steam client

- The Klei logo loading screen comes up

- The main screen comes up

- Hover the mouse over any button ("New Game", "Resume Game", etc.) and the button highlights

- Click the mouse on any button, nothing happens

• Like 3

User Feedback

The Unity forums seem to suggest there's a newer version of Unity that resolves this issue. I can't tell whether they're planning to backport the fix to older versions. Are there any updates on this from Klei?

• Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment