Liquid pumping petroleum creates water from nowhere

Marcus_BigHouse
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I have a petroleum pool (where there's no way for other liquid to fall inside) and a liquid pump to suck it up to a plastic machine.

Thing is, everytime the pump sucks petroleum, it creates water from nowhere that mixes with the petroleum and breaks my plastic machine. I've upload a low quality video here tho show what's happening.

Notes: if I remore the pump, pure petroleum starts to pool around normally as expected. As soon as I construct a pump, at the time it sucks any petroleum, it releazes water all around as shown in the video.

It's also not my first gameplay that it happens. It does that in every world I play, which makes me think that somehow it IS supposed to happen. If so, I'm sorry for the thread, but I'd also wanted  an explanation about it. Thanks!

Steps to Reproduce

Have a liquid pump suck petroleum

User Feedback

If you have polymer press nearby then the water might be is coming from the steam the polymer press produces. On your video you a have very thin layer of water laying on top of your petroleum and it slowly drips by small amounts from atop of petroleum.

Can you provide a save file from your game?

edit: ah right, you have polymer press on top and that is the cause of your issue. The steam condenses into water and that's where it's coming from. On yt you can find tutorials on how to set up your machines properly. Brothgar, or Francis John, or some other content creator got you covered.

edit2: btw You don't need to be dripping your petroleum on the ground, just keep it in liqid reservoires.
image.thumb.png.46d44e858ed9a7cfd4673c8fa44bea9b.png

Edited by zbanan002
Noticed polymer press on the video

Share this comment

but my press has a steam output, and its directed far away from there. Alto, the presure itself temperature wont even reach 100.

Also the water comes instantly from my pump, even before it reaches my press. (im uploading a picture showing)

Anyway, I will just try moving my pressure away from that spot to see if that`s really the problem. Brb!

Thanks so far.

pressure water.png

Ok, after moving the press very far away I concluded that you were actually right, 

The press keeps flooding the ground.

So.. it`s totally not a bug, just a neglect from me lol.

Anyway, should I delete this topic then?

Thank you very much for the help, zbanan002!

Share this comment

This should get you started. The gas out port is only for CO2, steam is spreading all around the polymer press. If the surrounding are cold enough then the steam probably flashes into water immediately.

On 3/14/2021 at 12:15 AM, Marcus_BigHouse said:

Anyway, should I delete this topic then?

Maybe change this topic name and put something like "[SOLVED]" in front of it. That should be enough.

Share this comment