Liquid Pipe Thermo Sensor doesn't work when off screen

fishoutofwater
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending
Spoiler

20191016221258_1.thumb.jpg.967847ac4d38c7294ea6e2d16da1b697.jpg

not sure why it doesn't work or how to reproduce this bug, but I am sure it happen when off screen, see in the picture, it should never reach above 20, only this particular liquid pipe thermo sensor that doesn't work when off screen, the position is far right of the map, liquid tank in the steam turbine room.

mods I use: zoom out, pliers, POI destruct, geyser calculation.

before I decided to post this, it had froze my coolant and broken my aquatuner, forced me to reload, coolant was polluted water back then, right now I switched to super coolant and keep checking it every once in a while.

now42moro1000 Cycle 1235.sav

Steps to Reproduce
going off screen
  • Like 1

User Feedback

I've experienced this bug multiple times as well (with BUILD: RP-383949). Everytime experiencing this, I have to click on the sensor, so it will start updating its signal again. 

You can see in the images attached. The way I reproduce this bug is:

1. First set the sensor to a threshold that will send green signal
  2. Move the screen to somewhere else, wait for some time (at this time, the liquid will be cooled to way below the threshold)
  3. Getting the screen back to the sensor, and captued the images below
  4. The sensor is still sending green signal (until i click on it)

I use no mods at all, so I believe this is not an issue related to any mods.

sensor-bug-1.png

sensor-bug-2.png

sensor-bug-3.png

sensor-bug-4.png

Share this comment

Update: it seems this bug not only happens when off screen. I can reproduce this bug with the sensor within my screen.

The way I reproduce this bug is:

1. The liquid originally flowing is below -250C, while the sensor is showing red signal
  2. So i click on the sensor, it updates its status, now showing green signal (and as a consequence, the thermo aquainter starts working)
  3. After a while, the liquid goes below -250C (it's -256.3C as you can see in the image), while it is still sending green signal

I also follow-up by:

1. Wait for a long time, the sensor still does not update itself, the liquid is now -270C
  2. click on the sensor again, it now turns to red signal

sensor-bug-5.png

Share this comment