Liquid not pumping at all when one of two pipes in a junction blocked

Ildefonse
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

Observe the following construction:

image.thumb.png.28b4ffc2a77f84ab96625cd576fb545f.png

The pump at the bottom was servicing the toilets and the remainder of the water was being pumped to the top left container through a liquid vent (the valve is open).

The right hand side of the pipes got blocked at one stage, and the pump refused to pump altogether, even though the left hand side was clear. I would imagine that it would still pump into the left hand pipe, despite a blockage on the right hand side.

If you're wondering why the connection looks weird, it's because I thought the issue might be with a T split, so I tried another variation. However, both caused the same problem.

Once the blockage was resolved on the right hand side, it would start pumping properly in both sides again.

Steps to Reproduce
Split a liquid pipe in two and block one end, keeping the other end free running.

User Feedback

Is that pipe going through your valve in the top left?  like THROUGH?  Thats causing a pressure confusion in your line, rebuild either inlet pipe on that valve and you should be good to go

Share this comment

It was actually. If that's what was causing it, then I think it could be related to this attached issue (which is caused by pipes going through objects they shouldn't be going through).

Share this comment

Indeed, on the filter, deconstruct the central section of pipe(orange) connecting it only to the right hand outlet, that should fix that one.

Edited by Kabrute

Share this comment