Lavatory not being used

MrGarryTophat
  • Pending

I've built two lavatories with one block space in-between them for my Dupes whose stress levels were so high, I'd think that the amount of vomiting they're doing would outright kill them. Anyways, I have all the plumbing done correctly, I presume. I'm using a very large body of contaminated water for the water necessary for the lavatories, and I have an output area for the water as well, yet none of my dupes are using them. It also states that restrooms are out of order (which I have only noticed now), but it says 6 of them are out of order (I presume), but I only have 2 buildings that would be marked restroom. I have got rid of the outhouse approx. 2 cycles.

1B8A1A6A1AF5391297D645425C08964D4CCEC214

E8012F2C5A80928E377A7D28A431B04B42B987D3

DB04245194796F432D5C1ED60A016C5EA963D117

(Also, on a side note, why is hydrogen being made? Does that come from wastes such as the dupes projectile vomit?)

Steps to Reproduce
Unknown.

User Feedback

You are pumping contaminated water in the lavatories. It only works with clean water.

Also, contaminated water clogs the lavatories so you have to rebuild them.

PS.: You shouldnt care about warning messages before you unpause the game, because those will be resolved when the game recalculates everything when the game starts.

Share this comment

I have experienced this with a closed loop filter system. The Lavatory will say "In Use" while no one is in it. (I have two at a time) In order for my dups to use either that one has to be deconstructed and reconstructed. It's fairly annoying and happens often.

Share this comment

@Pancakie I had this same problem. I had everyone peeing themselves before I noticed the bug. so saved and loaded the world to try and fix it. It did remove the "In Use" on the lavatories but, I think I had some contaminated water go through the pump.

Share this comment

9 hours ago, deathwakewa said:

@Pancakie I had this same problem. I had everyone peeing themselves before I noticed the bug. so saved and loaded the world to try and fix it. It did remove the "In Use" on the lavatories but, I think I had some contaminated water go through the pump.

I've had this happen in 3 separate games now, Fairly annoying haha.

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Blas88 said:

@Pancakie use a liquid filter and your problem will be solved :)

How would a liquid filter solve this? Does the contaminated waste go backwards if the filter is over-pressurized?

Share this comment

@Pancakie

No, nothing moves backwards if over-pressurized.

What do you mean by "filter"? The liquid filter or the water purifier?

Could you upload one of your saves to check out what is the exact problem?

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, Blas88 said:

@Pancakie

No, nothing moves backwards if over-pressurized.

What do you mean by "filter"? The liquid filter or the water purifier?

Could you upload one of your saves to check out what is the exact problem?

The Water Purifier. My closed loop has 2 bathrooms and a shower hooked up to a water purifier. Once the water is in the loop and moving i cut the water off and let it loop indefinitely. Cannot find the issue, been looking for some time. I'll upload an image when I have time.

Share this comment