Items 'unreachable' even though path available

KIloWhisky17
  • Pending

Searched for this problem. Sorry if repeat.

Items set for cdonstruction are only 'reachable' when a Dup is close. Becomes 'unreachable' when the Dup moves away. Force dupes to 'go to' and items become temporarily 'reachable'. Sometimes they construct/dig when they move close, sometimes they don't. When they move away 'unreachable' again. Covered area in ladders in every square till paths available. Dups eventually construct/dig, but it is not a fluid process. I keep having to encourage them to go back and back.

ONI unreachable.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Picture attached.

User Feedback

Dupes have a limitation how much they can plan pathing underwater by themselves. When they are already underwater they are in emergency mode and they can go any distance.

This is to prevent them from going deep underwater where they can suffocate themselves.

You can check their available path by selecting a dupe and pressing show navigation button.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Have checked path. No access to area. Path not that long or far from oxygen.

Only when I use 'move there' command does it become 'reachable'.

I think it is bug not my gameplay.

Other areas affected.

Share this comment

if you send them underwater they change to emergency mode and pathing limitation is unlocked until they come out from water.

So its possible to build deep underwater under supervision if you have the material in the same body of water too. Because if they come out from the water for the material they cant path back to the construction place.

Maybe red alert also unlock pathing, im not sure. (need testing)

Share this comment

I've had this happen, too - dupes can't 'see' a pump at the bottom of a water-tank from outside to finish it hooking it up.  Quite frustrating.

And then there's THESE idiots.  If I manually walk them to the other side of the airlock and down the hall to right next to the ladder, they'll usually leave on their own, but if I don't, they'll stand in there idly.

2432383702022426285435B4D6CCFD08CEFC734E109C7561A50DAEAB510

(The hallway on the other side of the door IS partially under water.)

C4B5E1A286B4C150AB3D7A46BF79EEBB7B164E78

Also, I tried building another pump at the bottom of the water in the second pic, but I keep getting 'unreachable build' on the very last segment of the power wire.  Quite, quite aggravating.

I don't remember having any of these problems prior to the Ranching Updated - did something change in the pathfinding?

Share this comment