Invisible/Invincible Blocks.

CredibleSlayer0
  • Branch: Live Branch Fixed

I don't know if others have been experiencing this. But I've been dealing with an issue of these floating invisible blocks blocking my construction and path to get to places. When my characters try to mine said blocks they cannot for it just infinitely says that they are mining it. So you can see why this can be an inconvenience. I would hope this to be fixed soon. I just thought this should be looked over.

20170412190655_1.jpg

20170412190158_1.jpg

20170328140751_1.jpg

20170318234453_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
I was simply mining out a chunk of area 5 high x 10 long usually and sometimes it seems like sand is the culprit when it falls through blocks being finished mined. but most of the time there is no sand and the block just is there but not there.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

i can confirm, i've been having this problem too in multiple restarts. i haven't been able to figure out which blocks it's most common with yet, unfortunately. the only ways these invisible squares are indicated is when sweep items fall on top of them, or sometimes a crack pattern appears over it. the guys will interact with them like regular blocks (climbing, walking, pathblocking...) but buildings can be placed over them, with the caveat that it'll never finish being constructed and you'll have to move it anyway.

and continuing the issue of infinite construction, sometimes no matter how long they're building something it's never finished and i'm forced to cancel it. once or twice this was caused by accidentally trying to build on top of an invisible block, but most of the time it's basic floor tiles (once it was an outhouse) never completing. i haven't been able to determine a pattern a pattern for this either, unfortunately.

(sorry for phone pictures, my screencap button is busted)

image 1: Devon attempting to break an invisible infinite block above some normally constructed outhouses (impossible, action must be canceled)

image 2-4: infinitely constructed battery, caused by building on top of an infinite invisible block (indicated with crack pattern, Devon kindly demonstrating)

image 5: two infinite invisible blocks and two infinite construction floor tiles

IMG_4959.JPG

IMG_4962.JPG

IMG_4963.JPG

IMG_4964.JPG

IMG_4967.JPG

Share this comment

Omg Thank you, I having the same problem on my worlds. Like, your not doing anything idle when things need to get done, but your gonna want to build an infinite block -_-.

3: Like my infinite building Ladder that i cant Use -_- Completely Helpful in the pursuit of surviving.

Screenshot (17).png

Screenshot (19).png

Screenshot (14).png

Share this comment

Okay AWESOME! So i'm not crazy xD I'm going to play another session to see if they've fixed this seeming there was an update the other day.

Share this comment

41 minutes ago, CredibleSlayer0 said:

Okay AWESOME! So i'm not crazy xD I'm going to play another session to see if they've fixed this seeming there was an update the other day.

I went to play my session already in progress (don't know if this'll effect it or not) and it still hasn't been fixed. Idk if i have to start a new save or not

Share this comment