Inverted overlays

Spatial Junk
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: OSX Fixed

When playing the automation preview, I tried to check out temperature, just to know what heat was surrounding me. To my surprise, the the temperature overlay was odd. I would move up and down and things would move to places where they weren't supposed to. There was a vacuum near my base, and the cold that was supposed to be in it seemed... inverted. So, in a thought of "I've gotta know", I hopped into debug mode, zoomed all the way out, and yes, in fact, the map's overlay was inverted

59fbdf025bc68_TemperatureOverlay.thumb.png.da61d43bbcadd455ddd3883cd5d38a52.png

In fact, this also happened to the thermal comfort, oxygen, light, decor, room, and germ overlay, but not in the power, liquid, farm, automation, exosuit or ventilation overlay. These overlays being broken pose quite the problem for gameplay, as shown in the video below. I hope this helps this issue get fixed soon.

Germ Overlay.png

Decor Overlay.png

Thermal Overlay.png

Oxygen Not Included- Inverted Overlays In Action.mov

Oxygen Overlay.png

Steps to Reproduce
Simply boot up a game of oxygen not included, and click on an overlay. I started three different games just to make sure it wasn't a fluke and each one had the same effect in the same overlays.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.