In-game "Whatta Blast!" update cosmetics claimed online on laptop and accessible there, but not accessible on desktop

purplepig
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

On my laptop I claimed the free loot boxes for Oxygen not Included on the Klei website, and was able to access/use them in game. After, I went to play on my desktop (same account, steam sync on) and none of them were there. The buildings that I had placed during my time playing on my laptop were their with the skin equipped, but I wasn't able to build more with that skin.

Steps to Reproduce

Claimed skins on one device, tried using on another.

DxDiag.txt 3 dupes.sav

User Feedback

Do you have data communications turned on on your desktop system? It's a separate option in the options menu, if it's off on desktop, the cosmetics won't enable despite being unlocked.

Share this comment

11 hours ago, ashridah said:

Do you have data communications turned on on your desktop system? It's a separate option in the options menu, if it's off on desktop, the cosmetics won't enable despite being unlocked.

Turned on both devices, nothing

Share this comment

The cosmetics are attached to your account (you can go to https://accounts.klei.com/ to see them) so presumably your desktop is either failing to download them for some reason, or is accidentally running as a different steam account. Try the accounts link from inside the game (which I believe warns you if the account you're playing as doesn't match the one you're logging in as) and if that looks fine please send your log file so we can try to figure out what's going wrong with the download.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

32 minutes ago, nome said:

The cosmetics are attached to your account (you can go to https://accounts.klei.com/ to see them) so presumably your desktop is either failing to download them for some reason, or is accidentally running as a different steam account. Try the accounts link from inside the game (which I believe warns you if the account you're playing as doesn't match the one you're logging in as) and if that looks fine please send your log file so we can try to figure out what's going wrong with the download.

I looked through both in-game settings and on Steam and couldn't find the account link, could you be more specific about where it is? Player log attached.

Player.log

Share this comment

I don't know how but I was playing and during my game (I think?) I noticed while looking through the drywall menu that I had my skins on my desktop. I guess it just decided to sync. Problem solved :confused:

Share this comment