igfx driver crashes after game has been running for a while

Murdified
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Game stops responding unexpectedly after playing for a few in-game cycles. Event logs show display driver stopped responding and recovered, but game is frozen and cannot be recovered. Using latest available graphics driver available from Intel and current on Windows 11 updates. No detection or logs showing interference from AV (Malwarebytes). Steam files have been validated, no integrity errors. UEFI Hardware diagnostics run and no findings. Other games are note affected similarly. Have already tried DDU and reinstalling latest Intel driver.

Playing on 1920x1080 60hz with Low Resolution textures turned on

HP EliteBook 840 G5 Notebook PC
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8350U CPU @ 1.70GHz   1.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.4 GB usable)
GPU: Intel UHD 620

Edition    Windows 11 Pro
Version    23H2
Installed on    ‎9/‎27/‎2023
OS build    22631.2861
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0

System.evtx Application.evtx DxDiag.txt Player.log The Space Brigade2.sav

Steps to Reproduce

Just playing normally. Seems to occur most often when panning around using WASD while zoomed out a little.

User Feedback

Do you have any GPU monitoring/overlay programs installed? It's possible they could be interfering.

Share this comment

19 hours ago, EricKlei said:

Do you have any GPU monitoring/overlay programs installed? It's possible they could be interfering.

Only Steam, which has it's own built-in overlay. It's only being used to show FPS. No other overlay programs.

Share this comment

When was the last time you were able to play the game without this issue? What has changed since then? You might need to contact Intel as they suggest on their support page.

Share this comment

57 minutes ago, EricKlei said:

When was the last time you were able to play the game without this issue? What has changed since then? You might need to contact Intel as they suggest on their support page.

It's the first time I've tried to play ONI on that device. Usually I play on my desktop. I was able to play other games, but ONI was never stable on it. My main computer is not using Intel graphics, so I thought it could be related to an issue with Intel UHD compatibility

Share this comment