I really don't know what happened

allfornon
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

It's really stupid how I managed to do this, but I dropped my keyboard and mashed some keys catching it. I don't know what I hit but it wiped my base completely and made these weird structures. The first image is the crater my base was in, the second is the weird structures. Another thing, the entire map is revealed, even on the autosave I loaded up.

20180624070818_1.jpg

20180624070833_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Mash keys? Probably more one side than the other, and I usually grab the left side. Probably relevant that I have no NumPad, so you can exclude those keys.

User Feedback

Update: reloading/restarting game fixed the map reveal portion of the bug. Loading backwards fixed the rest of it, so its not a terribly pressing matter, but I'd still like to know what happened.

New Update: upon reloading the glitched save, everything is black, covered by the fog of war. I have prepared a save file of the map in its glitched state, in case it is needed.

Edited by allfornon
Developments

Share this comment

Okay, so I'm gonna tell ya exactly what happened: you hit Shift+F10, which is DebugElementTest.

What happens there is that all Duplicants are deleted, and at the bottom right edge of the world, all in-game elements are spawned inside of insulated tiles.

Spoiler

TL;DR you have dev tools enabled, and hit the DebugElementTest key.

Share this comment