higher lag between real versus game mouse state in drag actions

darknotezero
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Pending

Hi there,

With update 442154, there is a noticeably higher lag between real versus game mouse state when it comes to drag actions. This initially resulted in accidental construction/deconstruction or missed construction/deconstruction/dig actions. Once i noticed what was happening, I changed my gameplay action to ensure that nothing gets missed. For example, if i need to lay 20 new segments of pipe:

prior to update:

1. choose pipe

2. go to square where i want to build

3. click and hold mouse button

4. drag mouse to build pipe

5. let go of mouse button

6. do something else

post update:

1. choose pipe

2. go to square where i want to build

3. click and hold mouse button

4. wait about 2 seconds

5. drag mouse to build pipe

6. let go of mouse button

7. wait about 2 seconds before moving mouse pointer

Point 7 is the most important because if i move the mouse too quickly to another part of the screen, suddenly i have random pipes set to build between where my mouse was and where my mouse ends up. This used to happen occasionally during cycle change when there was a spike in lag in CPU - now this is happening all of the time regardless of game state.

specs:

MBP 15 inch 2017

2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

MacOS Catalina 10.15.3

EDIT: swapped post update steps 3 and 4 - i have to click and hold the mouse button for the game to register that I want to build, then wait 2s, then i can drag. Also updated from 3s to 2s as that is more accurate.

Steps to Reproduce

any drag action, such as construction/deconstruction of pipes, tiles, wire, automation. Also mass deconstruction, cancel, digging, priority change.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.