Handling with stress not possible since Expressive Upgrade

keevkillaz
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Pending

Restarting a new game to be able to go to the surface (my previous map was generated before the Cosmic Upgrade), dupes are always getting very stressed even as I managed everything to get them relaxed. I even had one dupe that stress was increasing when he was on massage table ! Another one got +1 stress point when I gave him the job he wanted... I cleaned the whole base but without decor stuffs (search that I can't reach at the moment, cause my dupes are too stressy and die or break everything before I could) it's impossible to keep a bearable level of stress...

I think the game is now totally unbalanced on stress, decor and other expectations. Managing oxygen and food at the same, has now become impossible.

Friends.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Play the game from the beginning, You'll see that stress can't be managed any longer.

User Feedback

Hello, 

Why are you posting this on the bug forum ? 

If you have troubles with stress, the best advice i could give you is make actual enclosed rooms to get a morale bonus. (Latrine, bedroom and mess hall should be done ASAP) 

If you want to do a specific job for dupes, be careful about the morale requirement on top of the job tree. 

Interests just mean they'll master that job faster than other dupes, there's no incidence on morale

Share this comment

Hi,

I'm posting it as a bug because whatever I do, all dupes get to reach a 100% stress level even when my stress management is better than in my previous games (where I was never reaching such a level of stress)... obviously I did what you say (enclosed rooms, and isn't it written in the changeLog of the Expressive Upgrade that it's no longer needed to put some doors ?), or tried to (but as they are too stressed they won't perform the jobs I'm asking them to do).

Maybe I'm not doing it properly and it was easier in previous versions but it's such a big change in balancing that for the moment I consider it as a bug... Did you try my save file ?

I'm not the only one saying so or I'm mixing up ? 

Thanks for the help.

Share this comment

I'm having the same problem - Dupe is on the massage table all day (I modified their schedule to do no work, ie. pure vacation time), when I look at their Morale, it stays at 73-75%, even when the math show in their "Attributes area" shows that their combined morale should be -10% per cycle.  After 3 days of this, their morale is still at ~75% with them being massaged all day, and it still saying that morale should be -10% per day (or better, like when they have a good conversation.)

Share this comment