Graphics Freezing (208689)

NOUKOD
  • Pending

I've been trying to play on build 208689, and after about the first initial hour I started running into this issue.  It initially hit after the first hour and only the graphics froze while the mouse was still skinned to the game and I could still hear the music and audio from moving the mouse over objects, even the audio for clicking on resources after hitting the "dig" key seemed to react.  Now I don't usually get to even successfully seeing 2 blocks get dug out before it does this.  If I wait too long it will even do this on the main menu before loading the game back up.  I've tried deleting my saves and uninstalling/reinstalling the game to no avail.

Steps to Reproduce
Playing on a laptop a few years old on the mentioned version (208689) for an hour or so and the game graphics freeze.

User Feedback

Sorry for the delay, I'm still working on doing this because my computer seems to think that it is up to date already but that does seem to be the likely root.  I'll report back to confirm if that resolves once I get the current driver installed successfully.

Share this comment

So finally got the drivers updated (no thanks to my laptop distributor who didn't bother to update the distro for the drivers) and the game plays smoothly now.  Thanks!

Share this comment