Germs not removing

sooperglew
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I am having an issue with germs. I have created my cleansing room for my water refined from polluted water. Once the water is fully cleansed in the in the second water storage it leaves there with no germs. I have it piped to my water staging area  in which I have some chlorine and carbon dioxide and it comes out the pipe with about 500 - 1k germs and then they multiply. I've used this set-up on multiple bases before and have not had an issue. I've gone over several times to see if I've done anything wrong but cannot figure it out. I've ensured no debris is in there causing it as well. I've attached a reg view screen with the germ stats and a gas screen showing my chlorine content.  I'm thinking there maty be a bug (lol no pun intended) that may be the issue. If you see something I might have done wrong please let me know.

chlorine.png

germs.png

Steps to Reproduce

I'm not sure how this is produced

sooperrock.sav

User Feedback

How do you know there are no germs in the pipes? There are no germs in the liquid tank but pipes don't get disinfected by chlorine in the room. (If the germ sensor is the one outside the chlorine room, I don't think it is connected correctly in order to not let any germs out. But... that would be a discussion topic not a bug :rolleyes:)

Share this comment

I'll re-check that sensor. If that works then thanks. If not I'll pursue the bug reporting. :victorious:

Edited by sooperglew

Share this comment

Well I've confirmed the sensor is working and active. So I went and did a test. I raised the floor by 3 tiles. As I was building the floor my 'cleansed' water from my tank began dripping onto the new floor. At first there was only about 15 - 20 germs. But as I was building the water began to go to zero On germs. This tells me the pipe is clear. The second I finish the floor all the way across the germ count skyrocketed to 20k. Now with the raised floor there was 3 layers of chlorine gas. The germ count continued to climb. At this point I have no idea. I've rechecked everything and on paper it should work. 

Share this comment

I mean (if I'm reading the water pipes and automation right without a pipe/automation overlay) what I see is this:

germs_.thumb.png.b5eec1e0feda01fa5fa616bdec3528e0.png

If what I'm guessing is correct, even if there are germs in the pipes (sensor number -1-), the moment they reach the liquid shutoff they could still have germs but some other blob in the pipes that passes the sensor doesn't have, so the shutoff opens even if there are germs in the blob that reached it. Germ sensor (or any sensor) needs to be directly before the shutoff in order to be effective.

Then, there is the junction (number -2-).  In a junction liquids split 50-50 (one blob to the right, next blob to the left) and either they have germs or not they would go one way or the other.

The problem with disinfecting water in many builds is the first blob out of the liquid reservoir always has germs. That is why they would put a door below the liquid reservoir to "disable" it and forcing it not to output any water until x amount of time passes.

Did you check the sensor if there are any germs as the water passes the sensor and what happens next? (Does it go to the clean water tank? Does it return to the chlorine room? ) You could put germ sensors along the pipe (without connecting them to any automation) just to have a more clear image of what is happening.

If the water before exiting the liquid vent has 0 germ and after exiting, it generates 30.000 or it gains germs along the liquid pipe then, yes. That is definitely a bug :D

Edit: I saw that the save file is in DLC so I checked what is happening

Yes, the sensor doesn't work right in your build. It checks for germs but that germy water doesn't evacuate the pipe and ends up in the clean water tank.

Spoiler

Pipeline having a germy problem

277825543_germypipeline.png.16809ac2601dca9e3bc7870a16e7e4d5.png

Blob with 30.000 germs going its merry way towards the clean water tank

938159248_germyblob.thumb.png.14401a4a1caf16479b5f205c3d7ba30c.png 1519652327_germyblob_.thumb.png.aa899ad15aacd51b1b611af660b4bb0d.png

Edited by sakura_sk
realized there is a save file

Share this comment