Germs lack growth / death factors on ( genetic ooze ) food / seeds

The Plum Gate
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

Edit: Germs not dying in seeds when stored in chlorine.

Apparently seeds and food are genetic ooze -  germs seem to lack any growth factors related to genetic ooze or the form genetic ooze may take. Seeds are solid - shouldn't there be a growth or death factor for germs on seeds and food accordingly? We know how it spreads to them.

One would think that germs would grow on food ( conditionally - freshness and/or exposure ) and die on seeds ( representative form - solid ). edit: This is a thing already. nevermind this.

Germs lack trait "dying on" seeds ( "solid" ) - as a result, germs on seeds persist indefinitely under normal storage conditions while other solid things have a kill counter. Storing the seeds in a storage compactor in a chlorine atmosphere doesn't kill the germs.

I have not tested storing them in chlorine - though this may ultimately be a work around - seeds are still solid are they not?

this was tested in 234418

20170926032343_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Have a germy duplicant pick up and store seeds in a normal O2 environment or have them store the seeds in a compactor in chlorine atmosphere.

User Feedback

If you click on FULL INFO for food poisoning, you will see that germs multiply on edible and stay STATIC on genetic ooze (which is what a seed is).

A chlorine bath will disinfect them, as you suggested.

Edited by Gravityx

Share this comment

On 9/26/2017 at 1:40 PM, Gravityx said:

If you click on FULL INFO for food poisoning, you will see that germs multiply on edible and stay STATIC on genetic ooze (which is what a seed is).

A chlorine bath will disinfect them, as you suggested.

Yes, but storing them in a compactor that is in chlorine does not kill them. I had to dump them on the floor in an atmosphere of chlorine to get the bath effect. This is where the bug is. so I've edited the OP.

Share this comment