Gas Filter Destroying Filtered Hydrogen

Evellar
  • Pending

Screenshot (2).png

This photo is of a gas setup inside my base.  This section of the base was completely filled with hydrogen as it was the top of my base.  There used to be no oxygen present at all.   I proceeded to set up the pumps and the gas filter to sort out the hydrogen and send oxygen back to the bottom of the colony.  Before I could set up any exhaust pipes to the gas filter, the pumps began to run.  I assumed it would stop pumping once hydrogen backed up in the line but the filter proceeded to destroy the hydrogen and the pumps continued to run.  I figured it might be a visual bug so i continued to watch with the oxygen layout turned on.  As I watched the hydrogen level began to drop and just disappear.  

The pumps continued to empty the space of all hydrogen until finally oxygen entered the pump.  Once oxygen reached the filter the line stopped and backed up not allowing the oxygen through.  Switching the pipe to filter oxygen instead of hydrogen did not cause it to destroy the oxygen.

As I continue to play the game more I shall test to see if this gas destruction is applicable to chlorine and carbon dioxide or if it is limited to hydrogen alone.  just figure id report the current possible exploit. 

side note I would have attached my saves but the file format of .sav was not accepted.   not sure if the output log will help in any way but it is attached

Steps to Reproduce
I am planning on starting a new save to attempt to recreate this bug as well as test other gas destruction. I would recommend just setting up the pump and filter with no exhaust destination and see what happens when you filter different gases.

User Feedback

Did a quick test and found the filtered gases sitting in the pipe at the filter output
with nowhere to go and blocking any more from being placed in it.

As you're not on the latest version, it's probably been fixed already then.

Edited by Risu

Share this comment

Oh I did not realize that.  i only installed today I assumed it would have been the latest version.  thank you for informing me of that. 

Edited by Evellar

Share this comment