gas filter buggy

MetaByte
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

So I've set up a gas filter for the caustic biome for hydrogen and chlorine and vent the rest. The first filter (set to chlorine) leaked to the rest output while delivering chlorine on the filter output too. The second filter set to chlorine managed to filter out the rest but I think thats not how it is intended to work.. In the picture you'll see my setup with the two filters - they are BOTH set to chlorine, but the second one should not get any!

ChlorineFilter.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

Set up a pump at a caustic biome and set up a chlorine filter, vent the remaining gas (in a way that you still see if there are green dots moving to the vent).

User Feedback

Please double check if there is no connection between orange and green port of your right filter. The new overlay is misleading, because it hides such connections. I would suggest you dismantle the pipes, and rebuild it carefuly and check again.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I didn't spot any pipes there but dismantel the filter and setting it up anew worked. Many thanks!

Share this comment

Thats the problem. If you shorten the ports you wont see it, because KLEI messed up the overlay with the last major patch, and pipes (rails...) vanish behind the buildings. 

Share this comment

I had a similar issue of yours, but in my case the gas filter is working at all. It is working more like a gas bridge. The filter is simply not working despite the game still informing that the filter is "nominal". The selected gas on the filter still leaving trhough the output for non-filtered gas, while the filtered gas output is literally empty. I'll try to dismantel the gas filters also and if stills not working so I'll open a new topic about this bug.

Screenshot_5.thumb.png.28bf906efa529f1a1a86b17dc6468e42.png

Share this comment