Game wont launch on steamdeck anymore

MutantRabbit767
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

Game crashes instantly, even if I try running the windows version through protons compatibility layer. I've also tried verifying the game files and even reinstalling. This is the only game it happens on. I've provided the Player.log file that gets generated when I try to launch the native linux version: Player.log

Steps to Reproduce

Open game.

User Feedback

Your Player.log says it was generated on February 2023 on an old version of the game. Is that the last time you played it on the Steam Deck? Try deleting the Player.log and running the game to see if it generates a new log file.

Share this comment

9 hours ago, EricKlei said:

Your Player.log says it was generated on February 2023 on an old version of the game. Is that the last time you played it on the Steam Deck? Try deleting the Player.log and running the game to see if it generates a new log file.

I played it earlier, thats the last time it launcher properly mind you. I tried deleting it and it didn't generate a new one when launching. Is there anything I can try?

Share this comment

I'm not sure what to suggest, no log file suggests either the game can't write to that location or there's an issue launching the game as the log is created really early on. Could you describe what you see? Is there a black screen and it returns to the Steam library or do you see the Klei logo?

Share this comment