Game won't go past the Klei logo screen

Prismancy
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug or not, I'm just not sure what else to do.

So I haven't had any wi-fi for the past week or so due to me being in another country, and so a few hours ago once I got a connection, decided to update oni (on the preview branch). The first few times I opened the game, the game loaded to the main menu screen. But whenever I tried to load a save file, the game would crash. I tried that for a few times (each time it crashed) until this popped up, and it won't go past the Klei logo screen. (the crossed out bits are my name) I've tried to re-install the game, which didn't work.

I tried to opt out of the beta, and that seemed to work for a bit. I generated a new asteroid, and right after it finished generating, the game crashed. I couldn't even choose my dupes.

5d3fc41799526_Screenshot(144).thumb.png.860208829c828301496786a70fca0096.png

Steps to Reproduce
I'm not sure how you would reproduce it, I was just trying to load the game.

User Feedback

same problem. game freezes on the klei logo and problem also started from game crashing when i tried to load a old save file. reinstalled game, verified integrity, restarted PC, updated drivers, all nothing.

Share this comment

As far as i could get, my problem is that the save files are on Onedrive and the game can't access it. I still can't solve it though...

Share this comment

5 hours ago, Ghaleon69 said:

I had the same issue. Turns out my hard drive was full. Make sure that isn't your issue.

nope i still got almost 700 GB free. going to assume the saves are not that large. hope klei responds soon this is clearly not just a isolated incident.

Edited by obiwan1001

Share this comment

I don’t know why this worked but I read on a different forum that onedrive is possibly messing with the file named “Klei”. I renamed the file “Klei.old” and that managed to open the game up.

I wasn’t logged into onedrive so anyone else having this problem, try it. It might help

If this doesn’t work, I also turned steam to offline back to online and removed the mod files and placed them back in. I don’t know if this is what caused it to work but I thought it would be best to mention it just in case.

Edit:

Lol, renaming the file creates a completely new one, that’s why it works.

If you want your old colony, go to the renamed file, grab “save_files” and grab the whole file. Move it onto your desktop or something. Now go to the new Klei folder replace the new “save_files”

Something I noticed when doing this is in the original folder “auto_save” wasn’t in “save_files”. This could have also been the problem. 

Hope this helps :)

(I posted this on a different thread but I saw this one was older)

Edited by Gingibell

Share this comment

Nice i just went to Documents > klei > oxygen not included and deleted everything. Game remade the files when i loaded it up and now it works.

Share this comment

I am having the same problem. Reinstalled the game, removed all the game files, restarted my computer, restarted my steam. Nothing works.

Share this comment

My solution for this is....
Go to DOcument... rename the "Klei" folder to "KleiOld" or any other name..
then launch the game... a new Klei folder will be created.. but u must manualy copy paste ur save file from the Old folder to the new one.

Thats the solution before we get a oficial one.

Share this comment