Game Unable To Launch

Shark120
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

ONI was working fine for about six weeks, but now the game will not launch.

When launched, the icon appears in the taskbar and the title music plays, but nothing else happens--no window opens, nothing launches, and you have to use the task manager to close it out.

I have tried:

Verifying the integrity of the cache

Reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game

Checked drivers

Updated all Windows

The rest of the standard diagnostics don't apply, since the game worked perfectly fine before last week (third party/graphics/virus protection/etc. haven't changed.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I have attached an output log.

output_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Launching the game

User Feedback

You've found all those things to try and yet you didn't think it would be necessary to upload your game logs or your specs?

Edited by AlexRou

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, Shark120 said:

That;s OK--I'll see if I can get the data from a friendlier forum.

Sorry if that offended you, but I'm tired of people saying "game crashed help me" without giving any useful info and expect people to know what the problem is especially when the bug reporter even asks for log files.

Share this comment

Same here, log attached. I don't have any saves, though.

Also, i'm running win10 and have similar issue with Rimworld - game process is running, i hear music but window is invisible and unfocusable. Other users with same problem on RImworld forum noticed some similarities in pc configs: 1) win10, 2) nvidia cards, 3) broken after recent win10 update. Don't if this is really related, but this is all i have.

P.S. Rimworld is also built on Unity and it's output_log.txt have same error:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at UnityEngine.Display.RecreateDisplayList (System.IntPtr[] nativeDisplay) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Looks like Unity is broken.

output_log.txt

Found a possible fix:

Launch NVidia Control Panel (nvcplui.exe, probably in C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client) in left sidebar, under "Display" select "Adjust desktop size and position" then select "Scaling" on the right and set to "No scale".

That fixed RimWorld for me, but for ONI i also had to open Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Klei\Oxygen Not Included in regedit.exe and set Screenmanager Resolution Height_h2627697771 and Screenmanager Resolution Width_h182942802 to 1920 and 1080 respectively - there were both 0.

Edited by Anrock623
Additional info

Share this comment

10 hours ago, Anrock623 said:

Same here, log attached. I don't have any saves, though.

Also, i'm running win10 and have similar issue with Rimworld - game process is running, i hear music but window is invisible and unfocusable. Other users with same problem on RImworld forum noticed some similarities in pc configs: 1) win10, 2) nvidia cards, 3) broken after recent win10 update. Don't if this is really related, but this is all i have.

P.S. Rimworld is also built on Unity and it's output_log.txt have same error:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at UnityEngine.Display.RecreateDisplayList (System.IntPtr[] nativeDisplay) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Looks like Unity is broken.

output_log.txt

Found a possible fix:

Launch NVidia Control Panel (nvcplui.exe, probably in C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client) in left sidebar, under "Display" select "Adjust desktop size and position" then select "Scaling" on the right and set to "No scale".

That fixed RimWorld for me, but for ONI i also had to open Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Klei\Oxygen Not Included in regedit.exe and set Screenmanager Resolution Height_h2627697771 and Screenmanager Resolution Width_h182942802 to 1920 and 1080 respectively - there were both 0.

Can you please go make your own bug report as your situation might be completely different. There's like 100000000000000 reasons for a crash and just cuz someone else is crashing doesn't mean it's the same reason as you.

Share this comment

I am having the same issue.

After downloading the game, I started the game. Everything went alright for the first time only.

The next day when I was trying to start the game. It ended up with a blank screen. Sounds were still playing but nothing visible.

There's a folder named '2017-12-05_233412' in the game directory. I have uploaded all 3 files here.

output_log.txt

crash.dmp

error.log

Share this comment

11 hours ago, mfdsrax2 said:

I am having the same issue.

After downloading the game, I started the game. Everything went alright for the first time only.

The next day when I was trying to start the game. It ended up with a blank screen. Sounds were still playing but nothing visible.

There's a folder named '2017-12-05_233412' in the game directory. I have uploaded all 3 files here.

output_log.txt

crash.dmp

error.log

Can you please make your own bug report and attach those files plus your specs.

Share this comment