Game speed effects temperature

Zarquan
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

I am using crude oil to liquid-cool something that emits a ton of heat, and I managed to find an initial temperature of the liquid that results in about 123.8 +/- 0.5 degrees celcius, which is essentially perfect for my gold amalgam liquid pump.  I wanted to test its stability, so I increased the speed to fast and used debug alt-z.  This increased the temperature of the crude oil to around 129 C, which overheated my pumps. I slowed it back down to slow  and it cooled back down to 123.8 +/- 0.5.  I raised it to fast and it increased the temperature to 125 C, which overheated the pumps.  It appears that more heat gets transferred at higher speeds.

EDIT:  As these things usually go, I tested it before and it happened and AS SOON as I report it, it stops happening as significantly.  It was happening like I said, but 5 minutes later, but not when I go to fast and alt-z, it only spikes up to 125.6 C and then decreases.  I did not save and load the game since then.

Steps to Reproduce
Put a large number of aquatuners in series, liquid flow cooled (basically in a vacuum and drip 10kg/s of crude oil on them). Look at outflow temperature. Increase game speed.

User Feedback

It is a small bug usually, but it strikes me as something that shouldn't happen.  The game should act the same at high speeds as it does at low speeds.

Share this comment