Game makes my computer restart when making new save

FlawlessHamburg
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Pending

Everytime i go to make a new save my entire computer resets and crashes, and the game fails to respond when i sign back into my computer, note i havent been able to make a world at all

Steps to Reproduce
Just start the game on a mac and make a world, computer will crash and reset

User Feedback

A program (game or otherwise) shouldn't be able to crash MacOS itself. Since it does that, your computer has to be a suspect. You need to check a few things.

• Do you have free HD space? (for several reasons it's a bad idea to have less than 15% free)
  • Do you have problems with other games using unity?
  • Do you have problems with any other games/programs at all?

If the answers are yes, no and no, then I would recommend that you tell a bit more about your computer. Also check if there is a log file, which may or may not contain any clues. /Applications/Utilities/Console tells of events (mainly errors) and it might give a clue to what happened. However I can't really help you with that console because the best I can say is "look for something, which shouldn't be there", which admittedly isn't great guidance if you don't know quite a bit about MacOS.

Share this comment

On 6/19/2019 at 10:34 AM, Nightinggale said:

A program (game or otherwise) shouldn't be able to crash MacOS itself. Since it does that, your computer has to be a suspect. You need to check a few things.

• Do you have free HD space? (for several reasons it's a bad idea to have less than 15% free)
  • Do you have problems with other games using unity?
  • Do you have problems with any other games/programs at all?

If the answers are yes, no and no, then I would recommend that you tell a bit more about your computer. Also check if there is a log file, which may or may not contain any clues. /Applications/Utilities/Console tells of events (mainly errors) and it might give a clue to what happened. However I can't really help you with that console because the best I can say is "look for something, which shouldn't be there", which admittedly isn't great guidance if you don't know quite a bit about MacOS.

(NOTE: IM FLAWLESSHAMBURG I JUST MADE A NEW ACCOUNT BECAUSE MY OTHER ONE GOT LOCKED) I will send the specs of my computer shortly if that will help, it’s fairly new and up to date, my answers are yes no and no to your questions. I will look for that log file when I have access to my computer my computer gave me a HUGE crash log of why the system crashed and most of it is gibberish to me and I even have some experiencing coding and reading crash logs. I’ve owned a Mac since 2013 and have done a lot of troubleshooting for a range of issues but this one I’m quite stumped on, when i have access to my Mac again I will post all the information for you to view. What happens exactly is when the game runs it is fine up until I load up a world or start a new one, the screen freezes then turns black, it then brings me back to the sign in screen into my Mac as if the computer restarted then when I sign in, ONI is not responding and i end up having to force quit it. It then gives me a MASSIVE crash log which I have mentioned earlier. 

Edited by Cpt Kincaid

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Cpt Kincaid said:

(NOTE: IM FLAWLESSHAMBURG I JUST MADE A NEW ACCOUNT BECAUSE MY OTHER ONE GOT LOCKED) I will send the specs of my computer shortly if that will help, it’s fairly new and up to date, my answers are yes no and no to your questions. I will look for that log file when I have access to my computer my computer gave me a HUGE crash log of why the system crashed and most of it is gibberish to me and I even have some experiencing coding and reading crash logs. I’ve owned a Mac since 2013 and have done a lot of troubleshooting for a range of issues but this one I’m quite stumped on, when i have access to my Mac again I will post all the information for you to view. What happens exactly is when the game runs it is fine up until I load up a world or start a new one, the screen freezes then turns black, it then brings me back to the sign in screen into my Mac as if the computer restarted then when I sign in, ONI is not responding and i end up having to force quit it. It then gives me a MASSIVE crash log which I have mentioned earlier. 

Ok so here is my specs ,MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018), 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, Intel UHD Graphics 617 1536 MB. and attached is the crash log Untitled.rtf

Share this comment