game loads then goes back to main menu

jeffbaker24
  • Closed

when I launch the game it goes to main menu. I click on new game and it loads to 100% says success and then takes me right back to main menu...
 I have updated the C++ as the pinned and locked post on here said to do. disabled adblock, not running any antivirus software turned off firewall, checked steam files and swore like a drunken sailor and it's still not working. any other suggestions?

DxDiag.txt

msinfo.nfo

Steps to Reproduce
try to launch new game? obviously this will not be easy for you to duplicate.

User Feedback

Have you ever been able to start a new game? If not, could you please deleting your save files? You can find them in Documents/Klei/OxygenNotIncluded.

Share this comment

I have never been able to play but I deleted the save files and now I get the we are sorry crash screen when I launch the game. it did install vc== again when I launched it. and it keeps saying a black hole ate my game. I had this error originally but it sort of fixed itself. 

Share this comment

last time it did this I launched the game from the exe file and it loaded. after it loaded that first time it would load again. maybe this is what caused it? tesitng that now.  ok, so I found something odd here. if I go to steam/steamapps/common/oxygennotincluded and run the game as admin it will launch, after that I can launch it from the shortcut and steam. it still gives me the same crash to menu after that. 

Share this comment

ok so after figuring that out I created a new account and I'm now able to play. something must be screwed up on my other account as I've had a couple of other issues with saving games come to think of it. 

anyways not sure if my crash was game related as much as it was my PC related. weird. 

Share this comment

new account of what? I have the same problem with my game (crash on start from steam, loading and jumping back to main menu if i start with the exe)

Share this comment