Game keeps crashing on startup :( Tried everything I could

redrobodog
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Pending

So I just picked up ONI this weekend and I love it, only problem is after my second session, I haven't been able to play it at all. I'll start the game up, my mouse will start spinning once the logo pops up, and then it crashes. I've tried re-installing, re-verifying, deleting the kplayerprefs.yaml file in my Library folder. I don't have any mods for the game, and I don't have the DLC yet. I've really been enjoying this game so far, so I don't want to say goodbye to it, but I have no idea how I will be able to play it for the time being. Attached is the crashlog. 

crashlog.rtf

Steps to Reproduce

Start my game

Logo pops up

Mouse starts spinning

Crashes within 20 seconds

Crashlog pops up

User Feedback

I also just picked up Griftlands as well, and for starting it for the first time today, I ran into the same issue, so it's an issue I'm having with Unity. Regardless it would be nice to know what exactly is happening to my computer and how to fix it so ill be able to enjoy your games once again. 

One last thing, whenever I try reopening the games after crashing, steam says something like "This game is trying to run -psn_0_0676005" and I have no clue what that means. This only really became a problem when I updated my Steam client too. Don't Starve still works though.

Share this comment

It's not just ONI, all many games are crashing on Steam OSX today. Hopefully Valve will fix it soon.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment