Game glitch

Chron
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

There is an annoying bug that occurs when the dupes wake up from a sleep session.  I play at the fastest setting.  If I am working with a tool when the dupes wake up, there is a short pause then most of the discovered territory is filled with the tool icon I happen to be using causing the dupes to go to work on the assignment.  This is very annoying because I have to delete all the bad job assignments before the dupes start working and correct it.  Please fix.

This happened just recently with the delete tool, very annoying.

Steps to Reproduce
In the fastest setting, perform actions while the dupes are all in a sleep session and be in the middle of an action when they wake up. There is a short pause then the screen fills up with the job task.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

I can confirm. Unfortunately it is a very difficult but to reproduce. I have done this with dig tool as well as the build tool (pips and wires). So much fun *sarcasm* to have a line of pipes built across your base; especially when you have existing plans laid out already. Fixing this isn't done with a simple cancel operation.

What I have seen is that when you apply a tool (delete, build, dig) and move while the game is saving; the position where the tool is applied and where it ends (ie, mouse down and mouse up coordinates) gets shifted, causing the tool to apply to an undesirable area. I have only seen this - say - the last half of the year; it was not a problem on earlier builds.

Screenshot of me trying to apply a bridge during a save:

20191214214120_1.thumb.jpg.caf4819058a56b5ff9260075746894af.jpg

Edited by yoakenashi
Added screenshot

Share this comment