Game freeze Help plz

Dale2112
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

My screen will freeze but I can hear them moving and working and all the buttons work.

I just can't see anything. anyone know how to fix it? I keep reloading the game but when it happens every five minutes.

Also sometimes when I open up menus I get artifacts all over the monitor like my video card going out but it's only happening in this game

Steps to Reproduce
Playing
  • Haha 1

User Feedback

I'm seeing a lot of failures in the game sending textures to your graphics card. First step is to double-check that you are up-to-date with all your nvidia drivers. The specific error is a Direct3D error, so updating DirectX through the Windows 10 updater might also address the problem.

If the issue is still happening, I would also be curious to know if it happens when using the "Low Resolution Textures" option in Graphics settings in-game.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

Think you I will try updating DirectX and nvidia drivers

I just tried low textures settings and I update my DirectX and made sure my graphics card's Drivers were up to date still doing the same thing would it have anything to do with running 4K resolution or SIL maybe?

Share this comment

If you could test in a non-4K resolution, any additional data would be helpful. If you could also re-post your output_log.txt now that your drivers are up-to-date, there's a slight chance the errors have changed to be more helpful.

Did you start playing ONI recently, or did it work previously and this is a new problem that has just started appearing?

At this point, we're probably looking at a specific hardware interaction with Unity's renderer, so the more info the better. Thanks for your help!

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I've been playing for quite some time but I took a break for a while and in between I upgraded to new Pc.

The video cards are still the same ones I will try to get on tonight and play in a lower resolution to see if that helps

output_log.txt

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Ok, that makes sense as I believe it has to do with our native texture sizes - we'll address this for a future patch, let me know if you start seeing these issues at 1920x1080 or any other resolution. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Share this comment