Game doesn't open after installing latest windows update

lynotline
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

When I try to open the game from steam, a new window opens on the task bar with the ONI icon.  The game itself does not appear to open, and when I click on the icon in the taskbar, nothing happens.    I've tried using alt-tab to see what the program window is doing, and all the program appears to show is a white screen with "Oxygen not included" in the upper right, and a control panel looking icon in the middle.  When I tab over to this window or click on it, nothing happens.  Steam and my computer seem to think that the game is running.

I've been using the game for over 6mo, and successfully played the game with the recent the tubular update.  I only noticed this problem after i installed the latest windows 10 update, and have been unable to play for about a month.

DxDiag_ONI.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Download latest windows update, try to open ONI

User Feedback

It seems like one of the Windows Updates does not work well with the Unity engine. This seems to be affecting multiple games.

Could you please try the following:

1. Right click anywhere on your desktop
2. Left Click on "Nvidia Control Panel"
3. In the left sidebar, select the "Adjust desktop size and position" under the "Display" section
4. Click on the "Scaling" tab
5. Set the "Scaling Mode" to "No Scaling"

Share this comment

I have the same issue. "Unity fix" as listed by  doesn't work for me. Few other people seem to have the same problem: 

Share this comment