Game Crashing Randomly/Frequently

noldevin
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

3 Crashes in the same night, making the game kind of difficult to enjoy having to keep loading back in and redoing anything that wasn't saved.

Can't link it to any particular action, at least not yet.

Attached 3 crash dumps as well as dxdiag and output file.

Note: updated graphics drivers before last crash, did not resolve issue

SimDLL_CRASH_release_219784_20170614-23.53.36.dmp

SimDLL_CRASH_release_219784_20170615-00.38.21.dmp

SimDLL_CRASH_release_219784_20170615-01.23.54.dmp

Steps to Reproduce
Unknown, random crash.

User Feedback

I couldn't reproduce your crash but looking at your crash dumps it looks like your graphics driver might be crashing. Your drivers look up to date so I was wondering if you were running any type of video capture software or possibly some kind of antivirus?

Share this comment

No capture software, in fact i always purposely leave out the ReLive software when installing the AMD driver package.

I've tried disabling the steam overlay and closing all other applications.
I am running avast AV. I will try disabling it temporarily and see if the crashes stop.

It does seem to happen more often when I increase the speed in the game, but that could just be coincidence.

Is there anything else I can provide or test to help further?

Share this comment

Any more details on what you might be doing when it crashes. And I know it can be a pain but if you upload some more of the crash dumps that might give me a better idea as to what's going on. Sorry about the trouble.

Share this comment

I noticed it doesn't seem to be dumping every crash. I've been booted off the game several times today and there was only one dump.

Attaching the one dump file, most recent save, and some windows event logs as well.

I will let you know if it holds up with Avast disabled.

As far as what I am doing... I can't link it to anything in particular. Just trying to progress through a normal playthrough and set up my systems. I only have 6 dupes and not all that much stuff going on compared to what I've seen others do.

SimDLL_CRASH_release_219784_20170616-01.23.16.dmp

Optimistic Moonbase.sav

Event1.txt

Event2.txt

Edited by noldevin

Share this comment

Just had another crash with AV disabled, but for the first time, the game actually acknowledged the crash and gave me a built in option to report it. I agreed to report it.

Share this comment