Game Crashing on launch

Illogicality
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Whenever I attempt to launch the game, it makes it to the Klei logo and crashes after a short period of time. I've ensured that I don't have citrix installed, downloaded the latest directx files as well as the c++ redistributable, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice, I've verified the local files through steam, I've updated my drivers, I've updated steam, my computer meets the minimum requirements, and I have disabled my antivirus. Windows will occasionally show a popup saying that the program is no longer responding if that helps any.

Steps to Reproduce
Opening the game for the first time.

User Feedback

Your log tells me, it has trouble to load the steam-api and abandons the process. Do you have trouble launching other games from steam?

Another issue is your computer. You run a dualcore AMD from the "stone ages". Its a fine CPU, i used to use it myself. But its a very weak one for today. You wont have much fun playing ONI on this rig. Even if the devs wont like this, i would suggest to ask for a refund, if your problem persists. You wont be able to enjoy the game on your machine. 

Edited by SharraShimada

Share this comment