Game crashing after Klei logo on startup

rilesriles
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Closed

Game is crashing after the Klei logo appears launching through Steam. Tried validating files through steam and deleting kplayerprefs.yaml and it didn't do anything. This did just start happening after a steam update. I can paste an Apple "Problem Report" that pops up after it crashes as well.

Computer specs:
Macbook Air 13 inch 2019

1.6 GHz Intel Core i5

8GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Intel UHD Graphics 617 1536MB

mac os mojave 10.14.6

Steps to Reproduce

The game crashes after launching from steam and opening the game in the finder as well.

User Feedback

I'm having the same issue, after the steam update, I was no longer able to start the game up. I've tried all of the general troubleshooting steps as well as all the steps within the pinned "Game doesn't start on OSX" bug report posted by nessumo. Playing on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015). Although, I'm also running on the same version Mac OS of Mojave 10.14.6 . Would love some help!

Share this comment

I'm also having this exact same issue. I only bought the game yesterday morning and was able to play it fine earlier in the day, but after the steam update I'm not able to open it anymore. Like Armagart I tried all general troubleshooting steps and then found and tried the steps in the "Game doesn't start on OSX" bug report posted by nessumo, but still no luck. Would love a solution, I was really enjoying playing!

Share this comment

It seems the latest Steam update broke launching games on OSX. There a number of threads on the Steam Forums discussing this issue. Hopefully they will get this fixed soon.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Steam has re-released the update yesterday i believe fixing the crashing of "Dota 2" for mac on start up. But, when I went to test this game's launch, it launched properly. I recommend try out this update and seeing if your games are able to launch! Thanks EricKlei for making us aware of the little Steam mishap haha.

Share this comment