Game crashes when loading game

jackhuang
  • Version: Windows Pending

The oni crashes when I load the save, and the crash sometimes kills Steam at the same time, or crashes all tabs in Chrome.

I've tried disabling all mods and updated windows and graphics driver, but it still happens.

User Feedback

I was able to load this save file without an issue. According to your player log your system is out of memory. Your save took around 4 GB on my system so your 16 GB RAM should be sufficient. Make sure you have virtual memory setup (it should be enabled by default) and sufficient space on C drive.

Also, try disabling all mods to see if it's caused by one of them.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

After receiving the reply, the app did not crash when I tried to load the save again yesterday.

But it still crashed once during the game, maybe this save file is approaching the limit of my CPU.

P.S. I confirmed my virtual memory settings, it's enabled and has a max of 2GB.

Share this comment

It sounds like you're really close to running out of memory and were able to load the save yesterday due to fewer programs running at the time. Check your memory usage in Task Manager before starting the game. If you encounter this issue again I'd recommend increasing your virtual memory to 8 GB or higher.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

A few days later, I found that the game is much more stable after playing in full screen (I used to play in 1600*900 window mode).
As long as I don't use the computer for other things or take long pauses during gameplay.

Thanks for your reply.

Share this comment