game crashes from fresh install, never played before

Glitxhhh
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I haven't played this game yet, fresh install and it crashes I tried reinstalling, verifying files, restarting my pc, and running steam as admin to no avail, I just wanna try this game and it kinda turns me away from the game being broken out of box

https://hastebin.com/ozegerifes.php

Steps to Reproduce

install the game?

User Feedback

Sorry to hear this is your first experience with the game. Your log indicates that the game is unable to load the Spaced Out content. Could you try uninstalling just the DLC (right click the game in your library -> DLC, untick Install beside Spaced Out) and check to see the files with expansion1 in their name have been removed from the following directory.

J:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded_Data/StreamingAssets/

Try running the game, it should startup without the expansion. If that works try installing Spaced Out again and try again.

I also suggest checking Controlled Folder Access to see if Windows blocked access to the expansion1_bundle file. See the troubleshooting guide for details.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

3 hours ago, EricKlei said:

Sorry to hear this is your first experience with the game. Your log indicates that the game is unable to load the Spaced Out content. Could you try uninstalling just the DLC (right click the game in your library -> DLC, untick Install beside Spaced Out) and check to see the files with expansion1 in their name have been removed from the following directory.

J:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded_Data/StreamingAssets/

Try running the game, it should startup without the expansion. If that works try installing Spaced Out again and try again.

I also suggest checking Controlled Folder Access to see if Windows blocked access to the expansion1_bundle file. See the troubleshooting guide for details.

BTW Eric, Some of the mods on a discord i'm on ran into a case recently where the kplayerprefs.yaml file ended up missing the line  "EXPANSION1_ID.ENABLED: 0" entirely for a person that didn't have the DLC at all (they only owned vanilla). If the file's missing that line, it appears to try to load the DLC files even if the player doesn't own the DLC. We were able to help the person hitting this out by adding that line into their file.

Edited by ashridah

Share this comment

That sounds like a plausible explanation here. We encountered this once before during development but couldn't reproduce it since then

@GlitxhhhTry deleting your Documents/OxygenNotIncluded/kplayerprefs.yaml and relaunching the game.

If that doesn't work you can try the following:

1. Open Documents/OxygenNotIncluded/kplayerprefs.yaml in Notepad
  2. Under the "ints:" section either add the highlighted line if it doesn't exist or change it from 1 to 0.

image.png

• Thanks 1

Share this comment