Game crash on screen to select dupes

3P0
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Can't Reproduce

Game consistently crashing during the dupe selection screen after selecting asteroid.

Steps to Reproduce

Start game > Start new survival game > Select Rime (any attributes) > Wait for game to load screen with 3 starting dupes > crash to desktop

User Feedback

I'm not sure what exactly caused this repeatable crash, but once I tried starting another new game on the default asteroid and that worked, I went on to try Rime again, and it just worked.  I took note that none of the random traits for my new Rime game included Magma related things, just metal rich and subsurface ocean this time.  I could try a few more times to see if I can get it to crash with specific traits, but that might not have been the cause either.... not sure.

Either way, I'm back to playing on my new frozen planet, trying to find two sticks to rub together now!

Share this comment

Yup, ONI crashed for the the very first time ever I was on the dupe select screen too, in subsequent launches it didn't. That was months ago for me.

Share this comment

7 hours ago, AyCe said:

Yup, ONI crashed for the the very first time ever I was on the dupe select screen too, in subsequent launches it didn't. That was months ago for me.

Yeah, thing is I've been playing for years (off and on) with never seeing this sort of issue, even got my last game to 190+ cycles before deciding to attempt Rime.  This was just my first time trying Rime.

Share this comment

Changed Status to Can't Reproduce

I'll mark this as Can't Reproduce for now, if that changes please let me know by replying here.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment