Game Crash on New World Creation

ItsBear
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Game client crashes on world loading screen.

I've tried restarting the computer, checking all my drivers, deleting the old installation then reinstalling to a different drive, and reinstalling Steam and repeating the process. Still the game keeps crashing.

Steps to Reproduce
The game boots, I select "new game" and click "start game", then the client goes to the loading screen for a second, and immediately crashes.

User Feedback

It appears the file system is having trouble accessing this file in your Documents directory: 

"Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\WorldGenSimSave.dat"

Can you try deleting that file before running the game? It is a temporary file so it is safe to delete

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I am having the same problem as OP, where the game will crash most likely either in the loading screen after world selection, or when trying to load a save file. I have also been through the whole troubleshooting guide, as well as deleted the .dat file as recommended above. I've sent a handful of bug reports through the game, but this issue is difficult to describe as a bug in general. What is extra weird is that I can play this game fine on my laptop (fine being until mid/late game when the processor is really put to work and the wheezing begins), but my desktop with much better hardware is the one that cannot even boot the game.

Share this comment

@niur Can you post your output_log.txt?  Also do you have OneDrive or any other cloud service enabled that might be fighting over file locks? Thanks for the report!

• Thanks 1

Share this comment