Game Crash on New Game / Save

Pyrosolboy
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hello, 

I just bought the game today on a Steam sale and unfortunately have had constant crashes: Whenever I start a New Game I'll be able to choose my difficulty, my world, my starting crew, and go through the loading screen fully until the game is just about to start and then it'll crash with a "Whoops! Black hole ate my game" message. Loading back into the game will say that my new game is still there and it IS open-able and playable until I try to save, then it crashes with the same message.

Also, following the instructions on how to log the crash, there is no Klei folder created under my C:\..\AppData\Roaming folder let alone a Oxygennotincluded folder, nor is there an "output_log.txt" file in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data folder, so I'm not sure what that means.

I have no mods installed, since I just got the game, I have reinstalled the game multiple times, run it in administrator, verified game files, and made sure the whole steam game folder has an exception for my security program (Avast).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steps to Reproduce
Open game. Start New Game. Select Difficulty. Select World. Select Crew. Fully Load, then crash. -OR- Re-launch after previous crash. Open previously crashed game. Game loads and is playable. Upon trying to save, crash.

User Feedback