Game Crash at Early Access Screen

Tabss
  • Branch: Live Branch Fixed

Hi,

My game crashes right when I get to the first screen which makes you acknowledge that the game is early beta. Previous to 219035 I was able to play just fine and put in about 20 hours into the game. The only error I get says "The game crashed" and then tells where to find the report folder.

I've tried uninstalling and installing multiple times, I've updated my drivers, 

I've included my output_log.txt and crash.dmp

crash.dmp

Steps to Reproduce
Start the game.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

It seems the game is having trouble initializing Steam when it starts up. We have a fix for this which should be coming in the next hotfix(most likely Monday) and other people have had success in fixing this by fully shutting down Steam and relaunching the game from within Steam.

Share this comment

That was actually incredibly helpful to know. I had a hunch that maybe my antivirus was force closing it for some reason, but when I tried that the other day it didn't change anything. Knowing that it was having trouble initializing Steam made me wonder if possibly I missed something last time.

I went through and turned off my personal antivirus (VIPRE) and also turned off Windows Firewall and some other Windows security features (Which I didn't do last time) and now it is working again! I turned on VIPRE again and it continues to work so it must have been something with Windows Security. I apologize for not being able to pin it down further, but hopefully that is helpful to you in the future.

Your help is incredibly appreciated and from myself to your entire Dev & Support team, you all have made a fantastic game and I would honestly recommend it to anyone who enjoy the survival/base building genre and your support is phenomenal.

Enjoy your weekend and thank you again!

Share this comment