Game Crash after starting

Daphy
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

The blackhole crash screen appears after launching and loading in, I dont have mods and any saves 

Steps to Reproduce

Starting the game

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Were you able to launch the game on this computer before? It's possible your game files are in an invalid state. I recommend verifying integrity of game files. If that doesn't work browse to the game install directory, delete those files, and then click verify integrity to download them again.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

On 8/30/2022 at 5:28 AM, EricKlei said:

Were you able to launch the game on this computer before? It's possible your game files are in an invalid state. I recommend verifying integrity of game files. If that doesn't work browse to the game install directory, delete those files, and then click verify integrity to download them again.

I was able to launch the game on this computer before, I verified integrity of game files, it didn't work. I'm not sure where are the game install directory, so I didn't try that.

Edited by Daphy

Share this comment

On the same screen as the verify integrity button click the Browse button to open where the game is installed.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

21 hours ago, EricKlei said:

On the same screen as the verify integrity button click the Browse button to open where the game is installed.

Alright I tried it but it still doesn't work, it still gives the black hole error with the same log. 

Share this comment

I believe what's happening is the game is unable to load any elements. When I remove the element configuration files from my game install directory I get the same error message as you.

Could you check to see if in the install directory these files exist and are not blank?

• \OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\elements\gas.yaml
  • \OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\elements\liquid.yaml
  • \OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\elements\solid.yaml
  • \OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\elements\special.yaml

Does your D drive have enough space?

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

9 hours ago, EricKlei said:

I believe what's happening is the game is unable to load any elements. When I remove the element configuration files from my game install directory I get the same error message as you.

Could you check to see if in the install directory these files exist and are not blank?

• \OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\elements\gas.yaml
  • \OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\elements\liquid.yaml
  • \OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\elements\solid.yaml
  • \OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\elements\special.yaml

Does your D drive have enough space?

I checked and these files do exist and are filled with code

My D drive does have space

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

I figured it out, the game does not like the $ in the path D:/$Jaden_File. It will be fixed in the next update but if you want to play before then you'll need to move the install to a different folder.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

8 hours ago, EricKlei said:

Changed Status to Fixed

I figured it out, the game does not like the $ in the path D:/$Jaden_File. It will be fixed in the next update but if you want to play before then you'll need to move the install to a different folder.

thank you

Share this comment