Frequent crashes (~1/cycle)

Scakes
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Pending

Since the Automation update (which happens to have coincided with upgrading my OS to High Sierra), the game has been crashing extremely frequently on me.

I've just hit cycle 3 of the first base since the update, and it's crashed 3-4 times. As far as I can tell the crashes happen when too much stuff is going on, e.g.

• Cycling between overlays
  • Opening the research tab
  • Dragging the dig command over a large area

In the previous (oil) update I would get a crash similar to these maybe once in every 30-50 cycles played, and rarely in the first few dozen cycles of each base.

Processor: 2.3 GHz i7

RAM: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Steps to Reproduce
Cannot reproduce reliably with fixed actions. Just "stress the CPU" and I get a crash within a few minutes.

User Feedback

I've already turned automatic graphics switching in System Preferences > Energy Saver, so it should be using the more powerful graphics card (which I assume is the Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB).

Share this comment

Update: Up to cycle 12 now and no more crashes, just really really low FPS (5-10) whenever I'm placing buildings or dragging dig orders.

Not sure if this comes under the same bug thread or a different one or even counts...

Share this comment