Sign in to follow this  

Frequent crashes after update

riwenna
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Seems like my very late game base crashes frequently on save after update. About every 2-3 cycles, the whole game will just crash when attempting to save.

Now, granted, it is a very late game base and the logs are reporting an out of memory error, but it seems like the crashes were nowhere near as frequent before the update. Also, I haven't been adding any more complexity to the base since the update, if anything I've been mining out the whole map and making neater ladders for better pathfinding.

Anything to do except get a better computer? :)

Log and savefile attached.

The Salted Olive Orchard.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Not sure... just try playing the savefile, and see it crash on save every so often..

This issue has been fixed in either a future version or updated in a previous version.

Report Bug
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Changed Status to Known Issue

Hi riwenna, normally I'd suggest using the Low Resolution Textures option to cut down on memory usage... but it's currently broken. 

I'm actually curious if you had that option set previously, which would explain why you're seeing these crashes more often. Regardless, we're looking at fixing that, at which point I'd recommend turning it on.

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

That fix to the low-res textures option is deployed, try that out and see if it reduces the memory footprint sufficiently - thanks for the report!

• Thanks 2

Share this comment