Free Fuel Exploit

Zalathor
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

If i have a rocket ready for take off and i pause the game set all my fuel levels to zero (my petroleum and oxylite or LOX) then launch my rocket, the rocket will launch and about a cycle later all of the fuel drops on the ground under the rocket in liquid containers and i can reuse it over and over if i have dups grab it and put it into a bottle emptier and pump it back into the rockets tanks. This seems a little busted, you can send out rockets over and over without ever having to make new fuel. Not sure if anyone knows about this or it is intended to happen.

Steps to Reproduce

Fuel up rocket and meet all requirements to launch including having astronaut ready to go, then set fuel levels in the oxidizer tank and the liquid fuel tanks to zero ( has worked for both solid and liquid oxidizer tanks) then launch the rocket and wait about a cycle.

User Feedback

Surely it is not intended. Comical though... It checks for the "ready state", but doesn't lock-out the controls, once ready, or check them again, before launch. Guess they never expected anyone to reduce fuel capacity, after increasing it, and filling it. Sounds more like an oversight than a bug.

Maybe they should lock-out the ability to launch it while it is paused... Or force a re-check of the "set level", as opposed to the "quantity loaded".

Share this comment