FPS drops and stutters for no reason

ClayGod
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I've reached around cycle 500 in my world with decent fps with no stuttering whatsoever until today. After cycle 513 in my world my game's framerate drops and stutters more than it has ever had. I've had another world (before the release) that was 1500 cycles long and didn't lag so it's definitely not my computer being slow. I've gone back in auto saves but everytime it reaches around that cycle it lags a lot. 

Steps to Reproduce
The one space ship I have came back around cycle 512 but it didn't lag after it landed. I have no idea what caused the fps drop.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Ok I think I found the issue. The rocket ship, when it lands causes the game to get more and more laggy overtime. I don't know how to fix this. I destroyed the ship in sandbox and it didn't do anything to the performance issue.

Share this comment

11 hours ago, ClayGod said:

Ok I think I found the issue. The rocket ship, when it lands causes the game to get more and more laggy overtime. I don't know how to fix this. I destroyed the ship in sandbox and it didn't do anything to the performance issue.

Hey there, you're not the only one with this issue, there seems to be a bug where massive exchanges in temperatures (i.e. the launching of a rocket for example) drops FPS immensely. Reloading will solve the problem, but only until you launch another rocket or it lands.

I'm going to be starting a thread in the general discussion section to consolidate everyone's reports, please feel free to post your information there. I want this to be an urgent, top priority matter since it is currently making the game unplayable.

Share this comment