Fluid pipes misbehaving

psusi
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

I have a water sieve producing clean water to power my lavatories.  I then created a branch with a fluid valve to limit the water flow to a pair of holding tanks to let the germs die off in the clean water.  After those were full, I extended the pipe to an electrolyzer.  I wanted to conduct an experiment to see if growing bristle blossoms with germy water in a hydroponic tile would make poisonous food.  After adding another branch to the pipe to feed the hydroponic tile, the water stops flowing down the other branch to the electrolyzer and back stuffs waiting for the hydroponic tile to accept more.

The Lucky Dimension.sav

The Lucky Dimension.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Load game, look at water pipe.

User Feedback

That middle section has 2 possible directions to go - Electrolyzer and farm tile. You also have 2 pumps pumping water. So the water in the middle doesn't know where to go. Since it already passed the electrolyzer from the point of view of the left pipe, it "thinks" it's traveling towards the hydroponic farm. Try cutting the pipe between the electrolyzer and the left pump and it works - that way you have only 1 source and 2 destinations.

image.thumb.png.c654ad646ae180cd96a3fcde73e0f0ca.png

Another solution would be to put a bridge between the 2 outputs that shows in which direction the water must flow:

image.thumb.png.134629d398474b690ae6bc1b16cf20f9.png

Now the left pump will only supply the electrolyzer, the right pump will supply both.

Share this comment

Ohh!  So it is confused because I left the old pump connected, but just offline?  I was using the left water originally then switched once I got the water sieve.  I thought the water would just flow into any pipe section that doesn't already have any.

Share this comment