Fertilizer maker makes a reserve of polluted water but does not use it if pipe is empty

Kasuha
  • Branch: Live Branch Known Issue

This is similar problem to what used to be with e.g. hydrogen generator. Fertilizer maker collects about 450 kg of polluted water from input but does not use that reserve when the input pipe is empty. Using a valve that delivers less than 150 g/s gradually drains it, though setting a liquid valve to such small amounts is quite tricky.

YC2p4mf.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Set up a fertilizer maker, feed it polluted water, the reserve will grow until it reaches about 450 kg. Shutting the pump down shuts the maker as well, the reserve is not used.

User Feedback

Every single end of the line pipe consumer has this bug but only the hydrogen generator and the water purifier (which it really doesn't need) have the one line fix. This has been known for at least a month and I do wonder why they haven't patched it already.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I also have this problem.

Edit: I fixed the additional problem below when I realized I had built the valve on top of the existing pipe, which looked fine but it did not like. I deconstructed the pipe and rebuilt the valve. Now it works.

but when I built the valve and set it to a small value, nothing gets through the pipe. I see packets travel up the pipe for a bit and then turn around before getting to the valve.

It's possible it's because the liquid is turning from horizontal to vertical travel (physically up, that's where it turns around), but I haven't seen other liquid behave this way before, only after i set the valve.

Edited by DsnowMan

Share this comment