Feeder Setting issues with Smoth Hatches and Plug Slugs

Marquess
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

Hello,

while ranching smooth hatches I was putting in specific settings for what metal ore my hatches could eat. I noticed that Plug slug and its variants were also having their settings changed. Not normally a big deal, but as I have progressed through the game I have needed to change what metal I am feeding my hatches. This is annoying to sit and scroll through the list which is auto opened for both the hatches and the slugs options. I also noticed when I click on the box to deselect or select, it doesn't change until I have clicked it several times. After several clicks sometimes the feeders entire settings gets cleared.

Steps to Reproduce

Set up ranch of smooth hatches and a feeder, adjust settings. This has happened on several different worlds. I did verify the game for missing files/corrupt.

User Feedback

I did some more testing and it appears that when you put in settings for an adult variant the baby is already included but it doesn't show as checked until you deselect the feed and re select. However this doesn't explain the slugs being selected.

Share this comment

The feeder doesn't filter per critter. It only lets you set what material to put in it. That material will be available to all critters. For that reason you don't make ranches containing multiple different critters in them. If you want to feed critters a different material, you need to make a separate ranch. Think of the feeder as a storage bin that critters can draw from it

Share this comment