Fake Sickness Animation(?)

BIOS
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

There seems to be something wrong with Joshua, but he won't tell me what is it... :apologetic:

OnI_Gap_Sick_05292017.png

Steps to Reproduce
I don't know the exact way this was caused... but it might be because the duplicant got sick with poluted air but the status was not handled correctly or it was not handled correctly when he was supposed to regain his health.

User Feedback

I got one too in my colony! He has the Biohazard trait so at first I thought he was always sick.... but the tooltip won't show any disease. 

Share this comment

I have that bug with 3 to 4 of my dupes at cycle 400-ish and I only have 7 dupes. They drop what they're carrying and stop for a few seconds. I think its trench stench, but usually it is cured after a while or by showering. Even the medbay/rejuvinator doesn't work. Kinda annoying esp. when they drop what they're carrying while climbing a ladder... :/

• Like 1

Share this comment

Confirmed forst it was 1 now at cycle 700 there are 8 fake sick dupes, info shows nothing and they are constantly doing the sick animation - droping tasks and items, waking up at night etc. annoying!

Share this comment

I just got my first one of these and was about to post about it when I saw two of my other dupes acquire this condition.  They were both sick - one with the spores, one with trench stench - and when they were cured they still did the "sick" face and groaning animations.  They will always take a sick bed if you assign it to them, but don't report any illness.

Screenshot (80).png

Screenshot (78).png

Update:  Rejuvenator doesn't work - they just stay in there forever.  I got one of them sick again and cured him, but he still had the phantom illness after that.  I enabled debug and did the command for "dump event data" and that worked.  All three of them are back to normal - for now.

Update:  Correction:  the above didn't actually work.  The constant "sick-face-while-walking-around-the-base" is gone, but they do still periodically stop and do the groaning animation with the green sick face emoticon speech bubble.  

Edited by Stinktooth
Update

Share this comment

Two more just got fake sickness.  That's five on this save.  I think it happened when I quit then reloaded.  One of them had just gotten the spores, I put him in a sick bed, then quit, and reloaded.  The spores were gone, but he was still in the sick bed, and doing sickness animation.  Another one had been sick when I quit last, but when I loaded in the first time, same thing - he was in the sick bed, but no report of illness.  

Only known workaround:

Screenshot (92).png

Screenshot (93).png

Screenshot (94).png

Update:  Confirmed, every time I quit with a sick dupe, upon reloading they have the phantom illness, but the reported illness is gone.  Tried it on another save too. 

Edited by Stinktooth

Share this comment