Energy from batteries does not count as "removed".

Kroning
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Pending

Edit: see my comment about using just batteries for power.

So, I played a little with a setup in debug mode and end up with this. At the end of the cycle I've found that my batteries started to loose  charge. But report says I have power net.

F3360419B327FD5A017CE9AB27B39766B347BFEE

Test pump.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Make this setup.

User Feedback

Why are two of your buildings disabled? Also from what I can see your second Hydrogen pump is not being fed?

Your 3 Gas and 1 Air Pump consume 960W on their own, the Electrolyzers and Filters are 480W.

If both of your Hydrogen Gens were pumping then yes You would have a net gain, but if one is constantly pumping and the other is intermittent then your batteries will drain over time except during the fortunate times where both pumps are going.

Unfortunately the report is in Joules and not watts which is a pain though, but you should only need one filter not two.

Share this comment

5 hours ago, BlueLance said:

Why are two of your buildings disabled? Also from what I can see your second Hydrogen pump is not being fed?

Your 3 Gas and 1 Air Pump consume 960W on their own, the Electrolyzers and Filters are 480W.

If both of your Hydrogen Gens were pumping then yes You would have a net gain, but if one is constantly pumping and the other is intermittent then your batteries will drain over time except during the fortunate times where both pumps are going.

Unfortunately the report is in Joules and not watts which is a pain though, but you should only need one filter not two.

Ok. Maybe it's a wrong screenshot (I tried to test something). And I know about 2 filters, that not what I'm talking about.
Look what we have here. I've reenabled everyting, loaded coal generator and  charged batteries almost full. (Added 2 to be sure new generated power will not be wasted) And disabled coal.

352E9FF64AD6F21E7322BE75B3B0EDB7C42DA27C

At end of the cycle report says I got net power. But in fact batteries are almost empty. So where did the the power go?( I've also checked and sure batteries still don't lose power by itself without doing anything)

3B2ECE0509C425B2314E2F76D40BFF8142796E0B

Share this comment

So, actually, I've found a problem. Energy from batteries does not count as "removed". I suppose it's not good.
Below is my experiment. Firts screenshot show full batteries and 40,5kJ energy removed. Second shows almost empty batteries and the same 40,5kJ energy removed (pump, electro and filters were working half of cycle).

77DC28404975B7BE154F6997BBF6D0AB1D1E31ED

2C196191FC6A84BB6890667953BF1730FD6764F1

Share this comment