Electrolyzer not producing expected amount of Hydrogen

NanoD
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

Electrolyzer produce less hydrogen and oxygen than expected when it gets over pressurized. 

I run 100 kg of water in Electrolyzer in a confide room. And it will only produce 83255 grams of oxygen and 6435 grams hydrogen. Variation between runs. But produces lot less hydrogen than expected.

Here is a picture of the setup, I run 100 kg of water in the electrolyzer.

41E86F39BD9828952F323738263E1127BECCEF8E

Electrolyzer.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Run the Save file in debug mode, start the pump and let Electrolyzer run till all the water is gone. start the gas pump and you will see how much of the hydrogen and oxygen it have produced in the storage tanks.

User Feedback

Can confirm for [OI-234177].  I had two electrolyzers running and they didn't produce enough hydrogen to drive a single hydrogen generator half the time (should give over 200 g/s hydrogen but was much less than 50 g/s).  Unpausing and pausing quickly to sort of step forward reveals the electrolyzer preferring to place its 112 g hydrogen on the top left tile it is occupying, but it doesn't increase the amount of hydrogen there over time.

Edit: I did a quite a bit of testing of various setups.  One electrolyzer on it's own isn't too bad and gave about 60% of the amount of hydrogen you'd expect from it.  Two electrolyzers right next to each other like in the setup below gave 17.7 kg of hydrogen when fed with 1000 kg of water.  That's 85% less than the expected 112 kg of hydrogen.  Some 10% of the oxygen also vanished.

run-4.png.47cd60e54468b3eccacf586909724258.png

Edit: Tested in [OI-234293] and [OI-234418] and the bug is present in both of these versions with a single Electrolyzer surronded by 8 gas pumps.  I sent 500 kg of water in and got 419 kg oxygen and 31 kg hydrogen out, which is less than than the expected 444 kg oxygen and 56 kg hydrogen.

Additionally Elliephant on the Discord server proved (and I've confirmed this) that if you feed 1 kg of water to an Electrolyzer in a vacum you get exactly the expected 888 g oxygen, 112 g hydrogen.

Edited by Hornwitser
Added more test results.

Share this comment