Electrolyzer hitting max gas pressure at ~1150g

bausHuck
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

I have two electrolyzers that are set up and both are hitting Max Gas Pressure at a low pressure. I'm pretty sure that oxygen can reach 2000g per tile. I understand that 2 gases cannot fill the same tile, but my base doesn't have enough oxygen with 2 electrolyzers, when it did fine with 2 algae deoxydizes.

Also gas and liquid valves seem to be faulty. They convert that block of gas/liquid into the amount the valve says and lose the rest. Also, the blocks of gas/liquid just build up after the valve adding up to the max capacity of the pipe. I suggest that the valves set outgoing pipe capacity per block disallowing a build up after the valve.

maxpressure.png

Steps to Reproduce
Pretty much both Electroylers are set up the same way as the image shows. The one not in the image is at the bottom of the base and doesn't have walls close by like the one in the image.

User Feedback

Also gas and liquid valves seem to be faulty. They convert that block of gas/liquid into the amount the valve says and lose the rest. Also, the blocks of gas/liquid just build up after the valve adding up to the max capacity of the pipe. I suggest that the valves set outgoing pipe capacity per block disallowing a build up after the valve.

They work correctly and do not destroy mass - check the bubbles that backlog infront of the valve, they combine.

Regarding the electrolysers: would be good if they would block less often.

Share this comment

Hi,

My recent post regarding this issue. The relevant part:

"This is the most efficient setup currently. Door pumps cannot be used to improve power efficiency, because their throughput of O2 is not great enough (i.e. cannot get enough O2 away from the electrolyzer to constantly mitigate the "Max Gas Pressure" state). In this regard my findings are that this negative trait can be excluded if no tile around the electrolyzer has more gas than cca. 900-1000 g. This is quite odd and cannot be measured exactly, but this approach leads to the most reliable setups, as far as gas pressure is concerned."

Edited by Terzsian

Share this comment