Duplicants perform errands that are disallowed

Dyrewulfe
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Setting duplicant priority categories to "Disallowed" does not prevent them from performing the related errands. This duplicant should not ever be able to perform this task, right? Not much point to disallowing a category if they do it anyways.

Disallowed_errand_in_progress.png

Disallowed_errand_priorities.png

Steps to Reproduce
Disable Supply and Build for a duplicant. Make sure they're the only one available to run supplies for the task, they'll do it anyways.

User Feedback

Apparently this problem is specific to Construction Deliver. I haven't been able to find any other instances of this issue. An oddity I've noticed is that the personal priority for this task jumps to 9 when both categories are disabled. That should be clamped to 5 max, right?

Edit: Apparently this problem only affects my current save file. It isn't present in a new game.

Edited by Dyrewulfe
Further information

Share this comment

Ack. I should have done that the moment I realized it was specific to my save. I loaded an earlier autosave, and the issue wasn't present there... Then continued playing. It's not appearing on any of the autosaves I have available now. :(

If I see it happen again, I'll definitely upload the save file.

P.S.- Yep, it did persist through reloads.

Edited by Dyrewulfe
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

@Ipsquiggle I've seen this again, and figured out the cause of this behavior this time. When duplicants are performing sweep jobs, sweeping materials to a construction errand is a possible destination, regardless of their personal supply or build priority settings.

Not sure if this can really be called a bug, but it feels like undesirable behavior(I certainly wish they'd respect the disabled priority, personally.)

Share this comment

I just witnessed the same bug, although I can say definitively that it's not a supply errand because of construction. In this case, my dupe was a digger, and was disallowed from performing tidying or storing tasks, but yet with tons of reachable/valid digging errands, he instead went to the mealwood farm and picked up a seed, and deposited it in a storage bin. The priority mouse-over was pretty much the same as listed above, where it assigned "0/5/0.8" priority for disallowed/duplicate/whole colony.

Share this comment